You can create a Windows 11 Bootable USB drive install or reinstall Windows 11 to repair a PC that won’t turn on or connect to the internet.
Windows 11 comes with exciting new features and you can download Windows 11 ISO to reinstall or fresh install your PC or Laptop. If you own a Windows 11 PC, it is a good idea to create a bootable USB drive of your OS (operating system) to install or reinstall Windows 11. Here’s how to create a Windows 11 bootable USB.
Before creating a Windows 11 Bootable USB, make sure you have the following:
- A reliable internet connection to download Windows 11 setup files.
- A USB drive with at least 8 GB of free space.
- Windows 11 ISO and Rufus or Media Creation tool.
You can create Windows 11 Bootable USB in two Method.
1. Using Media Creation Tool
2. Using Rufus toolBoth methods are safe. You can use any method to create Bootable USB drive. For method 1, you need active Internet connection. and for second method you need a downloaded ISO file. choose according to your availible resources.
How to Create Windows 11 Bootable USB Using Media Creation Tool
To create a Windows 11 bootable USB using Media Creation Tool, download the Media Creation Tool. Then run the tool and follow the steps down below. Finally, select a USB flash drive and wait for the installer to finish.
- Connect a USB to your Windows 10 PC. You might need to format your USB drive to exFAT.
- Then go to Microsoft’s website to download the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. Click on the Download tool now button, which you will see under Create Windows 11 installation media. Or you can directly download the tool from here:
- Double-click the file called MediaCreationToolW11.exe file to launch it. This file should be in your Downloads folder or wherever you set downloads to go.
- Then click Accept in the pop-up window.
- Select the language, architecture, and edition that you want to use to create the bootable USB. You can check the Use the recommended options for this PC box to use the same language, edition, and architecture you are using now. Or you can uncheck the box to use manual options.
- Next, choose USB flash drive and click Next. Alternatively you can save Windows 11 ISO file also, to use it later using rufus.
- Select the removable USB drive you want to use and click Next. If you have more than one device connected to your computer and you’re unsure which one to use, simply disconnect the other drives. If you don’t see the drive you want to use, click Refresh drive list and select.
- Finally, after finishing the downloading click Finish
‘The Media Creation Tool will then start to download the latest Windows 11 installation files on your computer. This process can take time according to your Internet speed. File size around 6GB’.
How to Create Windows 11 Bootable USB Using Rufus
To create a Windows 11 bootable USB using Windows 11 ISO and Rufus, download the Rufus. Then run the tool and follow the steps down below. Finally, select a USB flash drive and ISO and wait for the installer to finish.
- Connect a USB to your Windows 10 PC. These steps will completely erase the USB drive. Make sure you stored all the USB drive’s file into another place.
- Download and open Rufus-xx.exe (xx- softwere version). you can directly download Rufus from here:
- Now select the USB drive attached to your PC or Laptop and Select the downloaded Windows 11 ISO file.
Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) form Here. Select Windows version, then choose language and download.
- Next, follow all the settings from Image and click on Start.
- Wait to Finish the setup. When it is 100% complete, click on Finish Button.
Now you are ready to go for the windows installation setup. Make sure your PC or Laptop meets the minimum requirements for Windows 11.
Check out more posts from Nilslab.